Sunday, May 19, 2024
HomeEntertainmentStephanie Del Valle on the lawsuit: "What they have done to me...

Stephanie Del Valle on the lawsuit: “What they have done to me is not fair”

The Miss World 2016 and president of the organization Reignite Puerto Rico Inc., Stephanie Valleyadmitted last night feeling “frustrated and hurt” before the lawsuit for alleged fraud filed against him earlier this month by the company Puerto Rico With a Purpose L3C.

Del Valle made the statements during an interview on the programX-raysfrom Telemundo. In the interview, the former beauty queen was accompanied by the lawyers Daniel Cacho Serrano and Luis E. Gervitz Carbonell. There, between tears, she assured that the lawsuit has caused her a lot of damage.

Those allegations are completely false, with no substance. I felt hurt, frustrated…”, said the Miss World 2016 regretfully.

“The first damage is that I have already had cancellations of future jobs, and that is hurting me. It is international news, which has no substance, and I wanted to come here to defend the only thing I have. I am not a millionaire, but my greatest fortunes are my reputation and my integrity and what they have done to me is not fair,” Del Valle responded to journalist Yolanda Vélez Arcelay’s question.

The lawsuit filed on February 8 alleges that Del Valle and other co-defendants failed to pay at least $1,225,000 to Puerto Rico With a Purpose L3C., a company contracted to provide services related to the assembly and execution of the event. Those funds, according to the document before the court, correspond to the sponsorship of three different government entities.

According to the demand, Reignite stopped the payment of three checks for Puerto Rico With a Purpose L3C that would be working with the celebration of Miss World 2021, final gala that was canceled in December due to an outbreak of COVID-19. The contest was postponed for March 16 of this year at the Puerto Rico Coliseum, in Hato Rey.

During the interview, Del Valle maintained that he found out about the cancellation of the event through the press. However, she mentioned that she maintains communication with the Miss World organization and the plans are for her to participate in the pageant.

“They keep in touch with me,” he said.

they could countersue

The production of “X-rays” included an interview with Mr. Marcos Rigau, legal representative of the company Puerto Rico With a Purpose, which filed the lawsuit against Del Valle and his company.

“Stephanie is president, but that is a water president. The one who has made all the decisions is the father. He somehow convinced the people of London that he had the ability to do it – the contest -, that he had 10 million dollars to do it and it was not true, “said Rigau.

Mr. Rigau reiterated that Reignite stopped the transaction of three checks amounting to $1.2 million. He pointed out that there are about 45 suppliers that are owed money.

For his part, Mr. Gervitz Carbonell countered that “the only thing Rigau talks about are allegations, allegations, and allegations. It seems that he is a witness rather than a lawyer in this case.”

“All those allegations made by Mr. Rigau are malicious, lacerate and tarnish the honor and reputation of this lady. Those negligent, malicious and malicious actions carry consequences, and in this case they are legal and legal consequences. We are going to file a counterclaim and we are going to sue third parties, we know who they are but we are not going to say it now,” Gervitz Carbonell pointed out.

Refund of money to Tourism

After learning last week of the lawsuit against the former beauty queen, the Puerto Rico Tourism Companyreported that Del Valle and her company, Reignite Puerto returned the money that was awarded for the celebration of Miss World 2021 on the island.

The information was confirmed by the director of Communications of the government agency, Leslie Diaz.

“Yesterday (Wednesday, February 11) the Puerto Rico Tourism Company (PRTC) received a refund from the Reignite Puerto Rico organization for the amount that had been previously disbursed, as part of the sponsorship agreement established for support the celebration of the Miss World pageant on the island. The reimbursement received, which is equivalent to 50% of the funds that had been allocated for this event by the TC, comes from an item that was assigned by the Puerto Rico Fiscal Agency and Financial Advisory Authority (FAFAA), through ARPA funds and TC’s own funds”, said the executive in the brief press release.

Recent posts