A week after the start of the tournament, the round of 16 begins this Sunday, and the two main favorites in the men’s draw will be on the Philippe-Chatrier court. Novak Djokovic will first face Juan Pablo Varillas, then give way to world number 1 Carlos Alcarazwho will deliver a long-awaited duel against Lorenzo Musetti.
At the same time, Karen Khachanov will challenge Lorenzo Sonego, and Stefanos Tsitsipas will play Sebastian Ofner. For the first time in this edition of Roland-Garros, the night on the Philippe-Chatrier court will be a female encounter, between the world number 2 Aryna Sabalenka and Sloane Stephens.
Also note the matchElina Svitolina in the round of 16, which she plays seven months after giving birth. The Ukrainian will have a hard time dealing with Daria Kasatkina (No. 9 in the WTA). Finally, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova will play against Elise Mertens and Karolina Muchova against Elina Avanesyan.
The program of the Philippe-Chatrier court
From 11 a.m.
- Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (Russia) – Elise Mertens (Belgium, seeded noh 28)
From 12:30 p.m.
- Novak Djokovic (Serbia, seeded noh 3) – Juan Pablo Varillas (Peru)
- Carlos Alcaraz (Spain, seeded noh 1) – Lorenzo Musetti (Italy, seeded noh 17)
From 8:15 p.m.
Sloane Stephens (USA) – Aryna Sabalenka (Belarus, seeded noh 2)
The program of Court Suzanne-Lenglen
From 11 a.m.
- Karen Khachanov (Russia, seeded noh 11) – Lorenzo Sonego (Italy)
- Karolina Muchova (Czech Republic) – Elina Avanesyan (Russia)
- Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) – Daria Kasatkina (Russia, seeded noh 9)
From 4:30 p.m.
- Sebastian Ofner (Austria) – Stefanos Tsitsipas (Greece, seeded noh 5)