Media Party, the most important media innovation conference in Latin America, will celebrate its eleventh edition from October 5 to 7 at Konex Cultural City. The event is gratuitousonly requires registration at mediaparty.org.
“For more than a decade, Media Party has been held, a free three-day meeting that annually brings together more than 2 thousand journalists, designers, programmers, activists and entrepreneurs with the aim of revolutionizing journalism through technology,” the organization explains.
Registered participants “will have the opportunity to connect directly with local and international leaders who will share their experience. They will learn to tell new stories, create better journalistic products, and connect effectively with audiences. and diversify financing lines in media”, they explain.
In line with current technological trends, this year, the main focus is the importance of understanding and applying different types of Artificial Intelligence, with three central axes: ethics, security and privacy.
Media Party: who will speak in the 2023 edition
- Brigitte Tousignant and Freddy Boulton from Hugging Face, a platform with great impact in the artificial intelligence, machine learning and deep learning community.
- John Keefe of The New York Timesjournalist and programmer specialized in technical innovation in newsrooms using data, visualizations, maps, bots and machine learning.
- Ryan Gantzdesigner and founder of the product team at Vox Media, known for his disruption and innovation in the industry.
- Paul CheungCEO of Center for Public Integrity, with extensive experience in digital transformation using artificial intelligence and strategies to diversify media income.
- Joanna Geary Director of Content and Audience at Bloomberg with more than two decades of experience at the intersection of journalism, technology and product development.
- Sil Hamiltonresident artificial intelligence researcher at Hacks Hackers and expert in the application of natural language models in journalism.
Media Fair, Workshops and Lightning talks
Media Party It is a meeting point where all specialties of the media industry with different levels of experience come together. This diversity is reflected in a broad and specific spectrum of activities.
“We offer valuable content to both media giants and local independent media, as well as content creators and investors. We also provide opportunities to media leaders seeking to expand their horizons and those who are taking their first steps at the intersection between media and technology,” he explains.
Hackathon: what it is and how to participate
The media innovation festival culminates by putting into practice what was learned in the classic Hackathon where multidisciplinary teams carry out prototypes of innovative projects in one day. This year, the focus is on the application and use of artificial intelligence, participating by 5 thousand dollars in prizes.
“Media Party was born in 2012 from the Hacks/Hackers Buenos Aires community. On this occasion it is organized with the support of Hacks/Hackers and has main partners from Google News Initiative, International Center For Journalists, Media Development Investment Fund, International Fund for Public Interest Media, Internet Society, Telecom and DosUnos, among others,” they explain from the organization.