2022 has just started and we are already thinking about which days of this New Year we will be able to rest. For you to make plans, here we share long weekends, vacation periods and holidays.
For this, we consult the Federal Labor Law, as well as the SEP calendar for the 2021-2022 school year.
Get out your agenda and plan that getaway that you have wanted so much.
Days that are considered as mandatory rest
Article 74 of the Federal Labor Law establishes ‘compulsory rest days’. Check the list carefully, because some of the holidays in 2022 fall on Saturday or Sunday, so you will not be able to apply the bridge.
The Law establishes these days:
- January 1st. The bad news is that falls on Saturday.
- First Monday in February, in commemoration of February 5, the day of the Mexican Constitution.
- The third Monday of March, since the birth of Benito Juárez is commemorated.
- May 1, which falls on a Sunday.
- Friday, September 16. (Did someone say “let’s go to the national bridge”?)
- The third Monday in November, in commemoration of November 20.
- Finally, there is December 25, but, bad news, it will be Sunday.
How is the calendar for students?
According to the 2021-2022 school calendar, these are the days when work will be suspended. These include the days of the Technical Educational Council, which applies to basic education.
Write down the dates:
- January 6, for Three Kings Day
- January 28, that day is marked as the School Technical Council (CTE) on the SEP calendar.
- February 7th. There will be no classes that Monday because the Constitution day is commemorated
- Friday, February 25. On that date another School Technical Council will be held.
- Monday, March 21, for the Birth of Benito Juárez. Be careful because a bridge can be applied here.
- Friday March 25th. The SEP establishes that there is a School Technical Council on that day.
- Friday, April 29. School Technical Council.
- Thursday, May 5, for the Battle of Puebla.
- Friday, May 27, by the School Technical Council
- June 24, that Friday there will be School Technical Council
- Friday, September 16. We repeat: did someone say “let’s go to the national bridge”?
- Monday, November 21, for the Anniversary of the Mexican Revolution.
When is the holidays?
If your plan is to take a getaway at Easter, you better know what dates it falls at once.
According to the SEP, the Easter holiday period begins on Monday, April 11 and ends on Friday, April 22. So Holy Thursday and Good Friday will be April 14 and 15.
In addition, the secretariat establishes that the summer vacation period starts on Friday, July 29, 2022; however, the calendar for the 2022-2023 school year has not yet been announced to know when classes will start again.
What days do the banks not work?
The bank branches will suspend their work on the following dates:
- January 1st.
- The first Monday of February in commemoration of February 5.
- The third Monday of March in commemoration of March 21.
- April 14 and 15.
- May 1st.
- September 16.
- On November 2 and the third Monday of November in commemoration of November 20.
- December 12 and 25.