Today, December 29, the Cabinet of Ministers approved the procedure for introducing restrictions on the registration of the place of residence of people in territories where martial law is in effect. The corresponding document was published on the government website.
Follow us on Telegram: proven facts, only important
The document is called “The procedure for prohibiting or restricting the choice of the place of stay or residence of people in the territory where martial law is in force.”
The document says that the decision on the appropriate restrictions is made by the military command in conjunction with the military administrations, it is also possible to involve local authorities.
Restrictions in areas where martial law is in effect relate to the prohibition of a person receiving a new registration of the place of residence and the prohibition of deregistration there.
People who are simultaneously registered in a place where there is no martial law can remove the registration of a place of residence in a territory where martial law has been introduced.
The decision on the introduction of restrictions must indicate:
– circumstances prevailing in Ukraine or a separate region;
– unfavorable factors of a military nature that pose a threat to the population and significantly reduce the level of ensuring its life;
– ways to counteract these factors.
The legal basis for the imposition of bans or restrictions on the choice of the place of residence of people in the territory where martial law is in force is the Constitution, presidential decree and laws: on martial law, on freedom of movement and choice of place of residence, on the provision of services for registering a place of residence.
- On December 17, an order on military registration for women came into force. It is expected that Ukrainian women who work in the field of state security, transport, IT, medicine, journalism, tourism, pedagogy will become liable for military service: there is a complete list here. Pregnant women and mothers of young children are also subject to military registration.
- The Ministry of Defense said that military registration is not a conscription or mobilization, therefore, none of the women will be taken into the army.
Read also: If tomorrow is war: what about the banks, transfers and the exchange rate? We asked NBU, Oschad and PrivatBank
If you notice a spelling mistake, select it with the mouse and press Ctrl + Enter.