- What you eat directly affects your overall health.
- Taking care of your health is most important.
- Certain herbs can help in creating healthy cholesterol levels.
Home Remedies For High Cholesterol: Taking care of your health is most important. What you eat directly affects your overall health. Your body needs cholesterol to build healthy cells. Cholesterol is a waxy substance found in your blood, but high cholesterol is not good for anyone. It can also increase the risk of heart diseases. High cholesterol can also create fatty discs in your blood vessels. Ways to control high cholesterol are necessary to control. There are some Ayurvedic herbs that can help you manage cholesterol. Along with healthy lifestyle, we take help of some herbs like amla, cumin, fennel, garlic, lemon, ginger, guggul, trikatu, triphala, etc. Here are some herbs present in your kitchen that can help in making healthy cholesterol levels.
Herbs That Help Improve Cholesterol Herbs That Help Improve Cholesterol
- Amla can be taken in the form of juice or powder. In pill or fruit form, it is equally effective in controlling cholesterol.
- Cumin, coriander and fennel can be taken in the form of tea. Fennel and cumin can also be taken as a mouth freshener or (after meals).
- Garlic can be eaten empty stomach, it can help in reducing BP along with cholesterol.
- Lemon/vinegar can be taken with warm water on an empty stomach or 1 hour after a meal.
- Fresh ginger can be ground into your herbal tea and taken once or twice a day. Dry ginger powder can be consumed with honey in the morning or boiled in water throughout the day.
- Guggul is a gum resin that helps in burning fat and helps in reducing triglycerides and cholesterol. It can be taken as a single medicine or mixed with other herbs like Triphala etc.
- Trikatu is an Ayurvedic herb consisting of 3 herbs – Maricha, Pippali and Shunthi.
- Triphala is a famous Ayurvedic formula made from Amalaki, Haritaki and Vibhitaki.
- Both Triphala and Trikatu can be taken with powder or honey.