Due to the high maximum ozone concentrations of 162 ppb and 156 ppb in Santa Fe and Merced, respectively, located in the municipalities of Cuajimalpa and Cuauhtémoc, the Environmental Commission of the Megalopolis activated Phase 1 of the Environmental Contingency due to ozone.
CAMe took this measurement after detecting the presence of weak wind and intense radiation, which increased the formation of combined ozone towards the area. Southwest of the Valley of Mexico.
“This is due to the influence of a high pressure system on the ZMVM, which strengthened during the day, increasing atmospheric stability, the presence of weak wind and the incidence of intense solar radiation that favored the formation of ozone. combined with the transport of pollutants to the Southwest area of the Valley of Mexico,” he detailed in a statement.
For this reason, it was phase 1 activated, in order to reduce the population’s exposure to polluted air and the risk of affecting their health; as well as to reduce the generation of pollutants and the probability of reaching high concentrations of ozone again tomorrow, Wednesday.
What cars will not circulate this Wednesday, March 30?
- Vehicles for private use with verification hologram 2.
- Vehicles for private use with type 1 verification hologram whose last numerical digit is 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 0, as well as those whose license plate is made up only of letters.
- Vehicles for private use with verification hologram “0 and 00″, red rubber, plate finish 3 and 4.
- Vehicles with foreign license plates for private use that do not have a verification hologram or that have a type 1 or 2 hologram.
- Vehicles with foreign registration for private use with hologram “00” or “0” gummed red, plate termination 3 and 4.
- The units that transport liquefied petroleum gas (trucks and/or semi-trailers) whose license plate is PAR.
- Local or federal cargo vehicles stop circulating between 6:00 and 10:00 a.m., with the exception of those that are in the CDMX or Edomex Self-Regulation Program.
- Taxis with verification hologram “1” or “2” that must stop circulating according to the indicated provisions.
What to do in the face of environmental contingency?
- Avoid civic, cultural and recreational activities, as well as exercising outdoors between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Suspend any outdoor activity organized by public or private institutions, between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- It is recommended to postpone outdoor, sporting, cultural events or massive shows, scheduled between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- It is recommended not to smoke, especially in closed spaces.
- Stay informed about air quality with the “Aire” App, on the website www.aire.cdmx.gob.mx